Thursday, November 8, 2012

10/29/12

Hello family/ whoever else

It has been a great week.
As usual I don't remember a whole lot.

In other news
Rolando got baptized! He asked me to baptize him.
It was a really cool baptism. The spirit was so strong!!!!!!! I´m so glad that Elder Rodriguez III has this experience his FIRST TRANSFER!!!!

That's what we do in the Málaga Mission.
As always, it's hectic planning and getting everything ready but it turned out really well. 

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!

I´m honestly a little scared of the prospect of going home. But we won't talk about that ok.

Málaga is so so so so fun. We had eating appointments 6 out of 7 days this week. !!!!!!!!! Málaga I is definitely the garden of Eden of the mission. I just love it.

The average attendance in our ward is 120 every week. !!!!!?? Compared to 6 in Motril. It's just so fun. When I was in the CCM in Madrid we did a fake lesson with a girl from Málaga and her friend. She still remembers me from my glasses!!!!!! They invited us over this week and it was so fun. She has a little brother who is slightly autistic and I played with him and his trains and Angry Birds, but with an actual launcher (this bird launching game that I´m too technologically behind to know what it is). It was so funny. His mom walked in and asked what are you doing? We said Killing pigs. (which are supposedly the bad guys- I honestly dont know)

What else. . .

We had a chess tournament this morning. It was so fun. I´m terrible at chess. But I drew a picture instead.

It has been raining for the last few days and it's cold today. Elder Rodriguez hates the rain. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I pray for more rain and he gets mad at me. OH WELL

Elder Rodriguez is a funny kid. He's kind of high strung (ok REALLY high strung) and sometimes he'll start talking and just WILL NOT STOP!!!!!! SO I just sit there, and start drawing or whatever. Then he gets mad. 

I´m sorry I just lose interest of hearing the same stuff about Cataluña and Barcelona. But I love the guy. 

The ward asked me to help in the primary with the music playing the piano.     BEST   SUNDAY    EVER!!!!!!!!

I loved being in primary!. I want to go every week. I went to help them practice for the primary program. Little Andalucían kids are SOOOO funny. But in all honesty there was such a sweet spirit while they were singing. I started tearing up. I only got 2 more weeks before the program. I wish I could stay longer. Oh well.

I´m trying to focus on being more Christlike. I was reading Elder Uchtdorf´s talk Waiting on the road to Damascus. I LOVE THAT TALK. I´m trying to learn more about how the Savior is. I want to share my favorite part with you:


The truth is, those who diligently seek to learn of Christ eventually will come to know Him. They will personally receive a divine portrait of the Master, although it most often comes in the form of a puzzle—one piece at a time. Each individual piece may not be easily recognizable by itself; it may not be clear how it relates to the whole. Each piece helps us to see the big picture a little more clearly. Eventually, after enough pieces have been put together, we recognize the grand beauty of it all. Then, looking back on our experience, we see that the Savior had indeed come to be with us—not all at once but quietly, gently, almost unnoticed.

I LOVE the Lord. I LOVE this work I LOVE the gospel. I KNOW its true. I know that when we learn of Christ we WILL come to know Him and Love Him.

I also have been watching the New Testament videos that the church has put out. I really like them. They're really simple and not a lot of dialogue but they´re really powerful. My FAVORITE FAVORITE is the last supper. That's one of my favorite parts in the New Testament, I absolutely love it. Especially how John tells it. THE BEST!!!!!!

Ok, that's all. I love you all. Take care. I´m praying for you I love you all so so so so much.
Elder Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment