Monday, October 8, 2012

Well hello family, and friends (if anyone really reads this)
 
These few days in Málaga have been just great. I´ve been working my little hiney off. Málaga is a beautiful city. I had never seen so much of the city before. Just Bus station, train station, capilla. ya ´tsa (that's how they pronounce ya está here which means "that's all")
 
I would be lying if I didn´t say I´m SOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be back in Andalucía. I love the Andaluces. And the Malagueños are no different. Super friendly, nice, crazy, love the Virgen. Although there seems to be a LOT of atheists here. I don't know if its just big city culture or what but.....ya ´tsa
 
My new companion´s name is.........................................drum roll
......................
....................
........................
 
 
Elder RODRIGUEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
That's right now there´s Elder Rodriguez III (the third) so There are 3 Elder Rodriguez in the mission and I´ve been comps with all 3!
CRAZY!
 
He´s from Cataluña. Which is where Barcelona is. So, he´s from Barcelona (that's easier) In Cataluña they speak Spanish and Catalá. Which is one of the fake languages in Spain. It's not even a dialect. I don't know if I've ever explained it. There's Spanish Normal (Castillian) Gallego (from Galicia) Valenciano (from Valencia) Basque (from Pais Vasco or basque country) and Catalá (from Cataluña). All of them are separate languages but hardly recognized outside of Spain because they're SUPER isolated dying languages. But everyone speaks Spanish (Castellano).
 
Anyways he speaks Spanish of course and Catalá. He´s teaching me some phrases. Its like a mix of Spanish and French and some Portuguese. I´ll try to get a picture.
 
Conference was grrrrrrrrrrreat! All of the 12 missionaries in Málaga were watching conference together and once they announced the mission ages changing we were freaking OUT!!!!!!! But alas, being old and weighed down by years in the mission I shall never serve with any younger missionaries. I´m DYING soon!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
 
So here in Málaga we got here with 2 investigators. We are going to be working in THE PUEBLOS but we also have free game in the city the days we are here.
I´ve only gone to 2 pueblos this week. The other 3 days we´ve been in Málaga city. I have contacted more in these three days than my whole mission (ok overreaction, but I´ve talked to probably close to 100 people this week).
 
Elder Rodriguez is really dedicated, but kind of shy (normal) but he´s just just so excited to work. I love him already. He´s already set a baptismal date with an investigator!!!!!!!!!! I´m so proud of my son. He´s learning so fast. I´ll have to admit I´ve been trying to work him as hard as possible. I´m such a mean dad. But I just wanted him to hit the ground running on his mission and since we´re starting with almost nothing in this area so CONTACTING CONTACTING CONTACTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Walk as fast as possible. It's been a crazy couple of days but I just LOVE the mission.
 
Starting with Nothing in the area has actually been really fun. I´ve never LOVED my mission so much! I just LOVE IT! I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME!!!!!!!!!
I know I haven't written a lot. Sorry. I just cant remember.
 
Just ask the missionaries! (I loved that talk) Oh and I LOVED LOVED Elder Holland's talk. And the world report about the Rome temple.
I love serving in Europe!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SPAIN!!!!!!!!!!
 
Well I love you all. The church is true.
 
If YOU didn't watch conference. WATCH IT PLEASE! I LOVED IT!
 
new address
 
Elder Kirkham
c/ Brújula  Nº6  4ºF
29010 Málaga
ESPAÑA
 
Love you all
 
Elder Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment