Monday, October 22, 2012

Sorry it took so long to get last week's letter posted, but the blog was hacked and the password changed.  Took a minute to work it all out.  (Matthew's Mom)

 Dear virtual diary

This week has been grood. Great and good at the same time. That's not scientifically possible in the US (para que sepas)

Elder Rodriguez and I are getting along. He's funny and really Spanish. We´ve been teaching a man named Rolando from the Dominican Republic. He´s black by the way.
You know how I luuuuuvvvvvv my black bruthuhs. That's a fun thing about Spain, you can teach people from ALL over the world in ONE country.
Me and Elder Rodriguez started teaching him right when we got there. He's just amazing. He has felt the spirit so strong. He came to the baptism in barrio 2 and he LOVED IT. He said he felt sooo happy and ready for his baptism on OCTOBER 27th!!!! He's so cool. I love him so much.

Learning experiences.

I am terrible at soccer. 
I am terrible at bowling
Translating for Indian couples at church is harder than translating for Americans :D (my English grammar is so bad)
Malaga is SUCH A COOL CITY!!!!!

This morning was REALLY COLD!!!!!!!
I´m getting REALLY TIRED!!!!!!

We got some new investigators this week. We met most of our goals which were NOT LOW GOALS. For whitewashing it was a really good week.

The missionary couple, Elder and Hermana Spainhower, who live in a pueblo outside of Malaga, invited us over for Sunday dinner last night. It was really fun. We had our own little family night with another companionship from barrio 2. The food was SOOOOOOOOOOO good. They even had ranch dressing!!!!!!!

On the train ride home we were talking about Harry Potter. (surprise)  Elder Rodriguez kept asking me what was the 3rd unforgivable curse. Clearly, I wouldn't tell him (they're unforgivable) and he kept asking me.

As we got off the train in Malaga, a guy our age (Spanish hipster) came up and to Elder Rodriguez was like, "its imperious" and walked away!!!!!!!!!


jajajajajajajajaja It was one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was DYING OF SURPRISE AND LAUGHTER!!!!!!

Anyways, things are going good. We have a baptism in our ward tomorrow. The Hermanas from barrio 3 have been teaching a woman who's husband didn't want dumb elders coming to teach her, but shes in our ward.

Malaga is planning on becoming a stake in the next few months!!!!!!! I LOVE SPAIN!!!!!!! The church is growing!!!!!!

I'm really tired. We walked around Malaga today in the pretty interesting part. Not the part that is our area.

I can't remember anything else.

Well, I love you all so much and I hope you're having a wonderful day, I love being a missionary. I love serving in Malaga. I love my new companion. Things are really good. That's it.......

Love your sonny boy, Elder Kirkham

my hijo just forgot

No comments:

Post a Comment