Friday, September 7, 2012

The temperature has gone down SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rapidly.

Out of nowhere it is SOOOOOOOo windy and a little chilly.

Why won't Spain weather make up its mind????? its like Utah!


A few days ago Elder Brown was sitting on the couch and I was lying on the floor and he said sheepishly, "Can we close the windows? I´m kind of cold", and I just laughed at him because the last 3 months have just been BLAZING hot!!!!!

So it's WAY more desirable walking around now. Which makes us more happy.

I don't know what to write for this week. It's been kind of uneventful. Fun, crazy, busy, but I don't really know what to write. I don't know if this means that it was really uneventful or if the mission life has just truly become normal, bordering the mundane (spelling?)

Just kidding--its crazy--I just have a terrible memory. I think the best part was testimony meeting this Sunday. I´m sorry but Spaniards just take testimony meeting to the next level of story time. A woman got up and just told the story of WHY she wasn't fasting then got back down as if to clear it up if anyone didn't know.

While watching the first vision/restoration movie, Tomasina (our investigator from the SUPER rural part of Bolivia) exclaimed during the movie on seeing a raccoon. "Look! A CAT! It's in the tree! Is it the boy´s friend?"...........the next 10 minutes was spent trying NOT to laugh.

I´m starting to have second thoughts about going home in March. I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!! Almost ALL of my group is going home in FEB. And going home with my group is just the BEST end to the mission. Still not sure. Elder Manning, during zone conference, was trying to convince me to go with him in FEB. We'll see.

We started teaching a Brazilian woman. WHAT A THICK ACCENT. I think that's one of the best things on the mission. 3 people trying to have a deep spiritual discussion in their second language. At least I can understand a lot of Portuguese mix.
It's WAY better than teaching people from Romania.  :D

I´m starting to go crazy with Elder Brown. No real hatred just the eye twitching (Amy) of living with a person 24/7. I love the guy.

I got sad news that one of my old companions went home from the mission. That's sad.

We ate at Domino's today. That was good. And saw giant African tribal dolls dancing to street musicians. I´ll let you all use your own imagination. You gotta love Spain.  :D

I almost bought some pants and a shirt from gypsies today. Luckily I didn´t have enough money.    Again. You gotta love Spain   :D

Sayonara continues working like a crazy woman. Once she gets a day off well have the baptism. It's the worst just sitting in between.

I made more snickerdoodles this week.

The work has been really stressful this week because everyone is getting ready to go back to work and school. Go to the beach before it gets too hot. etc.

My eye literally has been twitching this week. I´m getting REALLY tired. And it just gets MORE AND MORE every day. Sleeping doesn't do anything. I am now a lot past my Hermana date (year and a half) and it's starting to take its toll on me. WHERE IS MY MISSION GOING???????

A seventy is coming next week to visit the mission. Kent F. Richards.

I´m so so excited about general conference. It's the best as a missionary.

BREAKING NEWS
This December an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ will be coming to Murcia to create
The Spain Cartagena Stake.

That's right--a NEW stake in SPAIN!!!!! They're taking the Valencia and Elche stakes and forming them into 3 stakes. Valencia, Elche, and Cartagena.   This is SUPER exciting for us. This means that our mission boundaries will probably change as well because Elche stake is in our mission. Valencia is not. So Valencia will take some of Elche after the split so it seems logical to have the mission boundaries change too. We'll see. If I'm still in Molina then it won't affect me.

I´m REALLY tired.

I cut my hair this week.

I sewed my shoe. Yes, I SEWED it. It was falling apart at one of the seams. So I fixed it. Oh, I improooved it. (name that movie?)

When do I need to sign up for classes? and Housing?

I have REALLY boring dreams as a missionary lately. I just spend my dreams walking in the streets contacting people. Can't get away from missionary work. I´m literally sleeping missionary work.

I miss U.S. deodorant. That's all I want, nothing more.

And a nap.

Elder Brown walks on my back almost every other day. Is there a posture class at BYU?

Ok, that's enough nonsense to fill up to keep you all at bay.

I miss reading and napping. But that will come all too soon for my liking.

I love you all.
I´m trying to better my English vocabulary.

Elder Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment