Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dear Family

Remember, mom, last week how I was so firm in reassuring you that you had my current address and not to worry about putting up a new one.

Well....you´re going to have to put up a new one. Because I´m leaving Molina.......

I´m leaving Molina because President called me this week telling me that I would be training a new Elder.............

This is where I grab my hair and scream!!!!!!!    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of that I WON´T be training here in Molina. I will be whitewashing (it means 2 elders in an area that is new to them both) an area, while training. Well, most likely, said President Deere. They had to call and tell me early so I can go to trainer training tomorrow in MÁLAGA. But I won't know WHO my new companion is or WHERE I'll be serving until this weekend. Probably. So I don´t know WHERE I will be serving.  Fun huh?

But I´m pretty sure my new hijo is a native because, I think there are only natives coming in.

I could be going ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other mission news......

Elder Richards came this week to Spain. We had an amazing conference with him with all the missionaries in Murcia and Alicante. I got to shmooze with him sitting right next to him at lunch. I learned it from you Dad :D  Have those friends in high places.

Their workshops were amazing. Elder and Sister Richards are just amazing people to be around. They both have such a strong yet humble spirit. They are so dedicated to their callings and they just make you feel loved while you're talking with them.

While they were here they reorganized the 2 stakes of Sevilla and Cádiz. I don't know what happened as far as boundary changes but they got new Stake Presidencies.

After our missionary meetings they spoke at a fireside for all the other people to come and listen. President Deere talked about the family patterns in the Book of Mormon. Classic Lehi (just kidding it was REALLY good) and the importance of love and support in the family for individuals to grow and succeed.
Sister Richards spoke of being prepared for general conference and how HER family grew closer together by watching general conference.
Then Elder Richards spoke about the importance of finding light and staying in the light. Spiritually speaking. We need to look for good in this world and hold on to it.

It was really great.

Then Sunday before sacrament meeting, the first counselor in the bishopric asked me to give a talk. It was nice.

Then today we went to the giant Christ statue outside of Murcia capital. We had to climb up this rocky path to get to the top then through a dark cave. But we were the ONLY ones there. It was really cool.

Well, I have to go. I love you all. I´ll have more information of where I´m going next week. Prepare yourselves for general conference. It is such a treat.
Oh, and if David reads this(or if you see him) tell him hi for me.

Bye
Elder Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment