Monday, August 13, 2012

Dear familia
 
I´m tired. And most likely dehydrated.
 
It's been in the 40´s all week. And I´m speaking in Celsius.
I remember before my mission I was looking at the weather in Málaga and thinking, this is going to be a paradise!!!!
 
Well I haven't served yet in Málaga. And its HOT in Murcia. But that's ok. I´m honestly just getting used to it.
What can you do to change the weather?   Nothing.    So you change your attitude.
 
It's been a trying week. Of course with the Lord's blessings but with challenges as well.
The hermanas had a baptism on Saturday and asked me to baptize him. That was a special night.
 
Sayo and her family are just so great. We gave her son a blessing, he has serious health problems. But I think he's doing good. He has the most faith out of them all.
 
I went on splits for 2 days while Elder brown was in Cadiz.
 
We moved to our new piso. WITH AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
We went to the street mercadillo to look for new piso stuff and I felt like I was at Diagon Alley. Gotta love them gypsy markets.
I started reading in 3 Nephi 11. On Sunday I just felt like my testimony was getting complacent so I wanted a boost. I love that story. I love reading about the love that Christ has for all of us. How would I have felt if I were one of those people that Christ visited? How would I feel, what would I say if Christ told me to come see and feel the marks in His hands?
 
I love the Book of Mormon.
 
I got an email from a missionary I was with in Madrid. he´s serving in Italy. he said he was talking to a woman on the metro. She was an archaeologist. Spelling? And he started telling her about the Book of Mormon.
 
She read the title page and said, "this is true". The missionary was surprised to get that response and said, "yes it is I know it is but how do you know from reading the title page?" and she responded "I´m an archaeologist. In Brasil scientists have found coins from Jerusalem dating back to about 600BC. And no one can explain how they got there. But this Book you gave me DOES"
 
I know the Book of Mormon is true. My testimony doesn't come from the evidence that comes from the world, but none the less I KNOW. My testimony comes from God. The more we learn the more we come to realize that the Book of Mormon IS TRUE.
 
What a great message to share for two years.
If we´re not reading the Book of Mormon we should be. I hope everyone who reads this decides to read the Book of Mormon. If I could ask for anything, THAT is what my wish would be. And my testimony gets clearer and clearer every day.
 
I love my Savior, I love all of you.
Congrats Sharlene and JT for your new baby!!!!! I love you!
 
Elder Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment