Saturday, July 7, 2012

SPAIN WON THE EUROCUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hello Family.
oops I didn´t mean to send that email just by itself. I guess it shows our excitement.
 
It's so funny because the last month there have been flat screens all around the city at bars and cafes showing all the games in the Eeurocup.
 
AND SPAIN WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
We were in the street on our way home when they won and everyone started going CRAZY!!!!!! People were running around in red and gold (is it any wonder that Spain and Gryffindor colors are the same?) with Spain flags tied around necks as capes. Yelling and cheering and dancing and singing. It was the best!!!!
 
We went upstairs and started dancing on our balcony waving our Spain flags and singing and yelling and cheering. Outside of our piso is a really big fountain and tons of people just got in dancing and splashing water at everyone and so many people came and brought big speakers and had a giant dance party.
 
I wish we could have been in it. But we celebrated from the safe distance of our 7th floor balcony. Which is also where we sleep.
 
Anyways. It's been a good week. A REALLY HOT WEEK! It got up to 46º C here which is about 115º F. HOT
 
I went to Cadiz to pick up my residency card. 7 hours traveling on a bus. GROSSSSSSSSSSSS then a train from Sevilla to Cadiz.
It was so humid once I got to Cadiz but I was so happy to hear the accent that I love so much. People in Andalucía are just so much nicer. (and lazier) I waited for an hour in the train station for the elders to come get me. That night was the semifinal and everything was crazy. Spain won (of course they won the semifinal) and they were late because of the craziness. But I got to watch a good chuck of the game in the train station. :D
 
I got my card the next morning then it was back on a BUS THE WHOLE WAY!!!!!!!!!!! grossssssss 9 hours on a bus
I was looking at my card on the bus and realized they gave me the WRONG residency status. They gave me working residence (I laugh as if there were jobs in Spain for me to have)so I´ll have to RE-DO it. I´m pretty sure I can do it here in Murcia though.
 
I sat next to the funniest old lady from Granada to Murcia. We were chatting about the youth these days, lack of respect, how good it is to have handsome young men in the world, the things she doesn't like about the catholic church but is too catholic to change......?, and she gave me her address in Cordoba just in case I need somewhere to eat or sleep. Her name was Dolores (which means "pains" in English-good catholic name for ya) people here are so amazing.
 
We had last week 2 of our investigators freak out on us and telling all these crazy stories why they didn´t want to go to church because they called them spies and they felt attacked because people came up to them and wanted to get to know them.
This is the couple we would teach by the river and gave us stolen fruit.......ya, so they didn´t like church.......whatever
 
We're teaching a really cool family, a mom and her three kids. They're so cool. I love them so much.
We had a really good lesson with one of the investigators who has been talking with missionaries for a long time. We prayed so hard to be able to figure out what she needed and to have a lesson that would help her realize what she needed to do. We talked about the rich young man who came to Christ and asked what he needed to do to be saved. Christ told him to sell all he had and to give it to the poor and follow him. Along with the parable of the merchant and the pearl. We were planning on asking HER what sacrifice Christ was asking her to "sell", what she was willing to give up to gain the pearl of great price. We didn´t even have to ask her, she just opened up. "Elders I know I need to be baptized and I want to, I´m just afraid of losing my family and friends" so we set some goals to help her. It was a really powerful lesson.
 
We´re in a difficult situation with the location and chapel and members and investigators in our pueblos not being able to go to church and us (because of bus schedule) not being able to get home from pueblos. So we called president and he told us he would give us a car the next day. The only problem is neither of us have our European license. So we´re going to talk to our new mission president and see what he thinks and what we need to do to get our license.
 
Yesterday we woke up with NO WATER. We went to church unshowered and unshaven. It was fun.
President Clegg is now officially gone.
España is the best!
Our funny black girl investigator Olga´s mom still doesn't want her to talk to us or go to church.
 
life is really good
its really hot
I´m glad Craig got a new car
I´m glad everyones doing well
I´m glad Daniel is a better kid than we ever were
enjoy air conditioning. a luxury we do not have
and clean water, also we don't share that luxury here I mean it's not Honduras but  Elder Brown might leave Molina with kidney stones for drinking from the tap
 
well I love you all
I´m praying for you
¡VIVA LA ROJA!
Os Quiero
 
Elder Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment