Tuesday, June 12, 2012

ITS BEEN SUCH A LONG WEEK
It actually went by really fast but we had to do SO MUCH.

We´ve gone to like 7 pueblos this last week.

Cool things:
We met a girl through a member. We taught her "lesson 0" which is basically just talking to her about promises and blessings received from following Christ and talking briefly about the missionary discussions. We invited her to be baptized and she was like "YES! sign me up!" We were super excited. She we really excited. Her friend (member) started crying. We finished the lesson and she said the closing prayer. She was so happy. It was just such a HAPPY spirit in the room.

When we went back to her house 2 days later she told us that her mom told her NO!! (her mom is working in France) So we talked with her about having faith, confidence, and patience. If she really felt she wanted to be baptized, to pray and read and ask God to soften her mom´s heart. We´re going back today.

Which leads me to.....SANDRA!!!!! Do you remember the 14 year old girl from Sanlucar? Whose parents wouldn't let her get baptized? Who went to church and introduced her friends to the church? Well SHE¨S GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Hoyos got permission to call and tell me. What a great blessing!!!! She was going to go to EFY as a non member this summer but now she´ll go as a member.

We worked SO SO SO SO hard this week to get investigators to church. We planned EVERYTHING! Set up rides, bus schedules, rendez vous points, wake up calls. EVERYTHING. And Sunday morning.........call after call. "élderes lo siento no podemos".......NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a really hard thing here. 9 am church, in MURCIA which is a 20-90 minute ride depending on which pueblo, meaning it's REALLY hard to get investigators to church. We´re PUSHING SO HARD to get a capilla here in Molina. Then the bishop wants to split the ward into 2 branches and it's just really difficult because no one has cars. And those who do are already full taking the members. It's just kind of stressful. But this week will be better.

President and Hermana Clegg leave this month and on Wednesday we have a special good bye conference. Here in Murcia.

Elder Brown and I are getting along well. Having fun. We sleep now on the GIANT balcony we have. Its SO SO SO SO SO SO hot here. Miserable. The heat just stays in my clothes and makes me feel like I'm in an oven. grooooosssssss

I made croquetas the other day. I don't know how to explain them. its a Spanish food. AND THEY WERE SOOOOOOOO good!!!

I´m learning a lot.

We do Family Home Evenings in our two biggest pueblos and invite our investigators. They went really well this week.

We had SUCH a strange lesson a few days ago. We met two investigators at a river and went walking. We talked about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and just followed this couple through wetlands. Then they brought us to this orchard and told us to pick the fruit and that it was ok because it's like the Garden of Eden and that they ALWAYS climb the trees and eat the fruit. I felt REALLY shady and didn't pick any but they forced me to take some they had picked so I put it in my pockets. It was so strange. But they're funny people. She paints her lips like Bett Midler on Hocus Pocus and has long bright orange fingernails and drawn on eyebrows.

We passed the standards of excellence this week in everything except investigators in church. It was a REALLLLLLY full week. We worked REALLY hard. Then last night we were both just DEAD!

Well I know I´m forgetting SO MUCH stuff but that's a good taste.
Murcia looks like Nevada, just with weird jagged cliffs that pop out of no where. But it has the same shrubbery and plantiforousness. I speaka Engrish good.

Elder brown laughs at me because I sometimes speak English using Spanish grammar or phrases.

I´m glad you get to have your fun old people parties. Say hi to all of the gang for me.

I love you all. I´m tired but so happy and healthy. Life is just so great!!!!

Elder Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment