Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
How are all of you? How was Thanksgiving? Wonderful I´m sure.
We had our own Thanksgiving here in Motril. I spent Wednesday Night and Thursday morning bustling about our kitchen making food for us and the Elders in Nerja. And Wednesday night (right in the middle of making jell-o) our POWER went out!!!!! The water literally had JUST started to boil so I started yelling at Elder Rodriguez to get my flashlight and by the light of my flashlight the jell-o was saved. Boy Scouts-Be Prepared or you get lumpy jell-o. Hey look I learned something from Scouts. Just kidding.
Since its almost impossible to find a WHOLE turkey, I made a chicken. OHHHHH boy was it good. And Thanksgiving is NOT celebrated in Spain. Only by the missionaries. I´ll get you some pictures

I am moneyless in Motril. We have traveled SO MUCH this month. I am waiting for a LOT of reimbursement money. And I mean a LOT. So I have no money for food....Or money to travel to Granada for our BAPTISM! this Saturday!! Hurray HURRAY!!!!!! It will be the first baptism in Motril for OVER A YEAR AND A HALF. We´re praying that everything goes well.

I also have to give a HUGE thank you for all of your Birthday letters and books and packages. I am really so blessed to have such an amazing family and such amazing friends. I felt so loved on my Birthday (and the week following it as well)

We found a new investigator this week. Hurray! She´s really great. She is from Ecuador but her parents or Grandparents are Spanish. (She looks Spanish) We taught her about Joseph Smith, Book of Mormon and the Restoration. I really like teaching the first lesson (that's the first lesson BTW) its a super spiritual kick in the pants for us too as missionaries. I especially love telling the First Vision. I just feel the Spirit so strong every time. Can I just put a plug in for Preach my Gospel (missionary study/teaching book for those who don´t know) Its just really great. I´m glad we don´t teach memorized discussions anymore.

It was kind of a harder week, but so great. I am so very grateful for all of the blessings I have in my life.

I´m going to send some pictures (I hope) later today. Have a great week. I love you all. The gospel is true. keep Smiling! :D

Elder Kirkham

1 comment:

  1. I just now figured out how to comment on these things! Hooray! I miss you SO much! I hope you got my belated birthday card :) Now I wish I had sent you some food money though... although I doubt American money would be worth much over there. (its not even worth very much here, to be honest) So happy to hear how much you've been accomplishing! Keep up the awesome work, and remember that every day counts :)

    -Olivertwistedherarm

    ReplyDelete