Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hello again. This letter won´t be very long but I hope it will be a good one.

Things are going just really good. Not a whole lot of news. Just good working. I´m super tired. Our investigators are great. The work is progressing really great. (Considering its been about a year and a half since the last baptism.)

It rained so hard this week. We were on our way home from one of our pueblos (which is 10 minutes away) and it took us over an HOUR to get home because it was FLOODED!!!!!! The water was past car tires!!!!! AHHHHHHHH thank goodness we were on a bus. (literally) There was a little flooding in Motril. The water came up into the entry way of the Capilla (luckily its on the 1st floor) (I don´t know if that made any sense in Europe the first floor is the floor ABOVE the one you walk into or 2nd) so luckily our actual capilla was NOT flooded. But we got wet past our ankles walking to our piso. It was an adventure. Oh and the power went out about 4 times during one of our lessons. So we used our cell phone with the background of Christ as our light. (how appropriate)

Well I guess that is some news. It was fun. I also made a CHOCOLATE DEVILS FOOD CAKE that I found in Nerja. It was SOOOOOOOOO good.

It was a great week. We also had Zone conference and I got to see a lot of missionaries. It was great. I love conferences because WE get to listen instead of teach.

Its SUPER COLD here. It actually hailed 2 nights ago. With all this crazy rain we started Sacrament meeting with 5 people. AHHHH but more came. Thank goodness.

I think I´m going to buy a sweatshirt. I don´t have one. (how did that happen?) I don´t know. But I get SUPER cold at night. SO I think today I´m going to buy one. And I know you find that information SO interesting. Just kidding.

I loved the pictures of my vicarious birthday. And the book that you sent. Thank you for sending my birthday to Spain. It really is just beautiful here. We live in one of the most BEAUTIFUL areas of Spain. (And Europe) I am super grateful for all of the blessings I have in my life. I think I'm saying "super" a lot now because of Spanish. Its a SUPER common word here.

Yesterday was the elections here in Spain. And there is a new party in government now. Things are going to change A LOT here. I really don´t know whats going on just what Elder Rodriguez tells me. Did you know that if you´re a citizen of a country of the European Union, you can VOTE in ALL of the elections of the countries of the EU. Crazy huh? A french guy can drive to Spain and vote and then drive back. CRAZY HUH? I thought so. Every citizen of the EU countries have a card that you can basically do anything you want. Well not anything but its crazy.

Alright that's it. I love you all. I hope you all have a LOVELY Dia de Acción de Gracias. Thanksgiving. We will NOT be eating Turkey. Who knows what we´ll have.

Love Elder Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment