Monday, October 3, 2011

Oh my Conference is SO GREAT!
I actually only have seen 2 sessions so far (I´m so happy that there´s still 3 waiting for me to learn and feel the spirit)
Elder Rodriguez, I, and another member (and his friend) watched conference in our branch President´s Office on his computer. Because of time difference and our Bedtime rules, we were only able to watch the Saturday Morning (on Saturday night here) and the Sunday Morning (on Sunday night for us) both live. It was great. So strange to watch in a different language. I missed hearing President Monson´s voice, Elder Scott actually translates his own talks into Spanish beforehand so it was nice to hear his real voice. I loved the messages that I heard. I loved Sunday Morning´s music ending with I Believe in Christ. The music was so glorious and loud that it blew out half of my speaker (that's the power of the spirit for ya) jaja joking (mostly). But it was really nice to hear the Choir and to see my Music Civ. Professor in the Choir as well. A connection to the real world. I remember when I was in the CCM or MTC seeing and hearing the apostles was like seeing and hearing family members (almost) but it was so nice. Conference is like Christmas for a missionary.
I was so glad I got to hear the New Temples announced. The Provo Tabernacle is going to be turned into a temple. I was so happy when I heard that. I was thinking about how it was such a sad thing when it burned down, but NOW we will have something EVEN BETTER!!!! How great. That's so exciting. And Temple in France! (Progress on a temple in France) THAT is news. France has a law that buildings have to be open to everyone, I don´t know exactly the details, but that would be a HUGE thing for the members here in Europe. The first temple here was in England, then Germany, then Switzerland. For YEARS the VAST majority of Europe had to go to Switzerland if they wanted to go to the temple. Then in 2001 We got a temple here in Madrid that served for Spain, Portugal, France, Italy (there are signs and workers from all of those countries who speak those languages which is interesting) and now in just the next few years, Temple in Rome Italy, Temple in Lisboa Portugal, Temple in Paris France.(Hopefully) I´m so excited to be here in Europe at this time. The church is growing. Its so amazing to be a part of it.
We´ve spent almost all of our time this week finding new investigators, its been a LONG week, and HARD week. Lots of doors in the face, lots of yelling, well I could go on. Just a hard week. And then the wonderful blessing of Conference. How great it is. Missions are hard. I feel pretty inadequate MOST of the time. It's hard, it's emotionally tiring, physically tiring, I feel overwhelmed a lot, but the joys and the blessings are just amazing. I am so grateful for the things I am learning, for the testimony I´m developing. I´ve never had to trust more in the Lord, but because of that, I´ve never been as close to Him. I get really hard on myself, it's hard for me not to. I want to be the best missionary I can. I want to know that the work I´m doing is acceptable to the Lord. It's hard and I feel like I´m getting pulled in a million directions at once, but I´m so grateful to be here, and there's nothing else I would rather do right now. Everything else just seems secondary right now. I miss family, I miss friends but this work is what I´m supposed to be doing. I´m supposed to be here.
When we have an eye focused on God, its a lot easier to see the good stuff, even if we´re surrounded by bad.
I hope everyone enjoyed conference, and if you didn´t watch it, WATCH IT! I am so grateful to be able to hear the words of a prophet of God. I am so grateful to know that if we keep my covenants and follow Christ and do ALL that we can, that He will make up the rest, and He will give us Eternal Life, I can live with my family and loved ones FOREVER. What great news that the Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth and we can return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven.
Keep smiling. When you can't change your circumstances-change your perspective and you will find happiness. ALWAYS
I´m so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for the many joys in my life.
I love you all
besitos
Elder Kirtland (so says one of our members)

No comments:

Post a Comment