Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hi yall
That was in honor of Elder Rodriguez, who is being TRANSFERRED!!!!!!!!!!!!! He´s being taken away from me!!!!! He´s going MORE south to Jeréz de la Frontera in Cadiz.
This has seemed like a LONG week. We went on Splits, ambushed a member at another member´s house, experienced my first experience at a SPANISH BAR, went to Granada for Specialized Training, taught a lot of people, invited a lot of people to be baptized, got failed by a lot of people, fasted, prayed a LOT, wept a LOT, learned a LOT about the history of the Church in Motril, got news that I´m getting a new companion, and I don´t even remember what else.
I ALSO found out that my wonderful friend Alexis got her mission call to SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA! No joke, talk about preparation!!! I´m so excited (for you Alexis)!!!!! Its not the Roseville mission but its right next door! That's so crazy!!!!! I think you´ll still be out when I´m home. How crazy, and me thinks a little birdy told me that Dallin is going to West Virginia? Is this true? And DAVID????? AP???? I could have seen that one coming Mr. Boy´s State!
We got to talk to a member that is SO HARD to track down. We ambushed him (I mean just happened to show up) while he was visiting another member. We chatted and he invited us to go out for a coca cola and tapas. Bars are really different in Spain. They´re basically smaller restaurants. So we did. And it was fun, and we got to chat and "not watch" fútbol on the TV. And we got his address. So, all is well in Zion.
We had Specialized Training which was really just amazing. President Clegg was talking and out of no where he shared a scripture, that was the EXACT answer to something I have been praying for and NOT ONLY THAT he asked ME to read it out loud. Coincidence, no way. I really am grateful for how mindful the lord is of us and that he USES our leaders to help us. Specialized training was really just great.
Yesterday and today we have been fasting as the ZONE of Granada, with a purpose of FINDING WITH FAITH. We need to find more and more people to teach. Later today we are all going to finish our fast and pray at the same time, to be united in prayer. I like it. We were challenged to pray for as long as we can. This is really important because its something I really struggle with, finding new investigators. I also heard that ANOTHER family from Sevilla is getting Baptized. Dang I just gotta LEAVE Motril and the baptisms will come!!!!!! Joke (I hope) But this family is really a miracle. The wife and the daughter YEARS ago both had dreams that they needed to "go to the Mormon church". A While later the missionaries found them, they taught them and they were going to be baptized except the husband did NOT let them. The missionaries since then had always kept in touch, I just heard that (from what I don´t know) she just told her husband, "I am getting baptized and you can´t stop me" and, now they´re getting baptized.
Speaking of a similar situation, HERE. A few weeks ago we were told by the husband of one of the families that were going to be baptized, that we can´t come by anymore. We of course respected what he wanted. Then on Thursday we just decided, let´s write a letter to them. So we wrote them a letter along with a DVD called Finding Happiness. We went to their house, the husband opened the door, he wasn´t mad to see us, we gave him the letter and the DVD. he said to come by another day. Miracle.
And just now while I´m writing this letter, someone we´ve been trying to get a hold of JUST called us. This is the Lord´s work. It's that simple.
Last week, we had a miracle that I don´t think I shared with you. There is a member mama Toñi, who we just love. She always feeds us. And she always gives us advice and she´s well like a Mom. Hence the name mama Toñi. Anyways, her husband is NOT a member and has no interest in the church but is REALLY nice to us. I like him. But he didn´t want his kids to get baptized (they´re grown now) so they never did. Well, their daughter who LOVED the church growing up, came last week to visit, and wanted to ask the missionaries for a blessing. That day we thought, let´s visit mama Toñi, so we went to her house and called her on the (I don´t know what it's called in English, the door bell intercom for apartment buildings) and her son in law answered it and said she wasn´t home but to come back soon. So we went back and her daughter answered and told us to come up. What happened, the daughter and her husband had JUST got there to her house right before we got there. Later Toñi told us that her daughter wanted a blessing and right after she arrived, THERE WE WERE! She said she got a little scared of how prompt we were. The next day we gave her the blessing and Sunday Toñi told us that she turned around almost 180º. That's the power of the priesthood.
The work is hard, but the blessings are amazing. My new companion's name is...............Elder Rodriguez!!!! not joking. He´s a NATIVE who is YOUNGER THAN ME!!!! AHHHHHHH I can´t be SENIOR COMPANION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! There´s always more to stretch.
I hope everyone is well. I´m sorry for how lazy I am with letters. I have a stack just waiting to be put in envelopes. I´m so sorry!!!!!!
I love you all. The Gospel is true. The Book of Mormon is true. I LOVE all of you, God loves all of you.
Besitos
Elder Kirkham

1 comment:

  1. Wow... alot of energy in that post. Continued success.

    Bro Asp

    ReplyDelete