Monday, July 11, 2011

Today we made a surprise visit to the ALHAMBRA!!!!!!

That's right. One of the 7 wonders of the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! Except it was sad because we came to Granada for a meeting (later tonight) and we said, let´s go to the Alhambra, but the sad part is that we could only get into the Palace (we saw the rest of the wonder) but we couldn´t get into the Palace until later tonight when we had our meeting, so. Another time.

Jennifer- you would love it. I was thinking of you and the CD you have with the Irish lady from the Alhambra, then while reading emails, STING came on!!!!! And then guess what came on? NEW RADICALS!!!!!! I couldn´t believe it. It was a day filled with Jennifer memories!!!!! So I´m thinking of you.

President Clegg came and visited us this week (we might be on the blog) and we talked with him and his wife for our (specialized training) so it was really specialized. It was awesome. And Exciting things are happening in Motril now. (Not just because of President) But we´ve been working with the members this last week, and 15 people came to church yesterday. That's DOUBLE what we had last week. AMAZING! its a milagro. De verdad. And now if we get 20 people to church ONE time, we´ll get a bigger capilla- a Bajo (bottom story) which is AWESOME!!!!!

So things are growing in Motril. And, we have 5 baptismal dates!!!!!! So it seems like we always have to pass through the hard times but the blessings always come. Oh and just so you know, our entire ZONE has 10 baptismal fechas (yes we have half). Jaja but no really anything that we "do" is just the work of the Lord.

Alrighty we also found this week BROWNIE MIX!!!!!!!!!!!! ¿in Spain? Now that's a REAL milagro. (miracle)

Oh president also brought the last two months of mail.

Thank you for all of you who sent me mail. And Jana!!!!!!!! For some reason your letters got sent back???????? SO Apparently Spain correos doesn´t want us to talk. But I´ll try send them again double checking your address.

Family and friends, I hope you have a WONDERFUL 4th of July. I was reading about the Willie and Martin handcart companies this week, and wow. I couldn´t help but cry knowing that my ancestors were there. One of them after said (and this is a terrible paraphrase) "it was through our trials that we became acquainted with the Lord". Those words give me a LOT of strength and Hope.

A little about Elder Rodriguez, he´s short and Texican (Mexican heritage but born in Texas) and he´s from San Antonio. (Tyler´s mission) But he´s awesome, We spent a few days in Madrid together (he got his visa late) so we have the same amount of time in the field but we´re just doing great. The shock of Sevilla to Motril has passed and oh boy do I love it.

Its a little sea side city that's FULL of tourists. Its small but it has some expensive eating and shopping places because, well because people spend money on trips. But its great.
I Love it so much.

Andalucíans are insane. I´ve just decided they´re insane. Well no, they are. And I think that's why I love them so much. The culture here in Motril (and Andalucía) is so laid back. EVERYTHING is scheduled around the 4 hour Medio Día. Seriously NOTHING is done. NO ONE walks around on the streets. NO ONE is open. Its just great.

Oh Spain. I love Spain. Oh and The Mountains of Granada remind me SO MUCH of Northern California. ITS CRAZY!!!!!

Well I love you all so much. I´m SO SO excited for everything that's happening with EVERYONE in the family. Just so exciting.

Well love you.
Besitos


Oh, the Alhambra--just about it, Its this Arab Palace that the Moores built back when they ruled Spain. So all the architecture (wow I forgot how to spell that word) is Arab. Its really neat. And the really famous part is the giant basin on the backs of 12 stone lions. There are a LOT of gardens and we went to the top of the watch tower and you can see the whole city. But we didn't get to see the inside of the palaces for reasons already explained. But another time.

Alright that's it. Oh and Elder Rodriguez reminds me of David a lot. He just has the same quirks that David has.

Well I love you all. Thank you for the pictures and letters. I´m trying so hard to write. (Trying so hard because I´m so busy going to ancient palaces) jaja just kidding, Well serious. I´m gonna try really hard to write and not fall asleep on the bus ride back to Motril.



Well I Love you lots. I´ll try to send pictures soon. But I appreciate ALL ALL of your letters.

Elder Kirkham




No comments:

Post a Comment