Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh ¡que triste!
I´m being transferred to.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Motril!!!!!!!!!!!
That mean adios 120º F Sevilla and hello to a MUCH cooler Mediterranean (i don´t know how to spell that word)
Motril is in Granada right along the coast. Next to the sea. I know nothing about it except its cool, its only a branch (for now) and I´m serving with an Elder from my CCM group!!!! Elder Rodriguez! It´s so exciting but so so sad. I was sitting in church next to one of our investigators when the bishop announced I was leaving, and she looked at me and said "now you won´t be here for my baptism". It was so so so sad. But the future is always ALWAYS bright.
I´m gonna miss Sevilla so much. All the members were really sad that I was leaving, an old lady cried, (yes!) and it made me sad but honestly made me feel really good. Now it is a little prideful but as a missionary its nice to know that you feel like you make a difference. So although it was sad, it was really sweet (that sounds weird but you get what I´m saying). I´m moving from a city with 6 missionaries to one with only us 2. I think I´m gonna like it, its definitely gonna be different.
So like I said, my new companion is from my CCM group, so its gonna be us two kids in our little branch, but I am SO excited. I´ve made some REALLY good friends here, missionaries, members, investigators (soon to be members) Elder Fagersten is gonna have a handful of baptisms soon (or at least he better!!!!!) No he´ll be great, (but seriously I´ve worked hard here).
As always the mission is wonderful. Elder Stanley (who lives with us) is dying (going home) on Wednesday. We´re all going to Málaga on Wednesday and then we´ll part our ways for our new areas (his is home). Its strange to see the two sides of the mission, me still pretty green and him right at the end after 2 years. Strange to think of what going home will be like-which makes me want to work harder now.
4 Months really have gone by FAST. But at the same time, its starting to get hard to remember my old life before the mission-¿what did I do all day? I really don´t know. I don´t know what to do after the mission. Its HARD work but still I don´t know what else to feel productive with my time.
A few nights ago I was in a cita with a part member family who has a girl from Nicaragua living with them. I was talking to her and she said she served a mission in Honduras, ¡¡Honduras!! And I asked her if she knew an Elder Kirkham and she said YES! She knew I was Andy´s brother when she first saw me, but she didn´t want to sound weird. As if we don't hear weird things every day. But ya, I forgot her name, I have it written down but its in our piso, she said she served in the same zone as Andy but i don't remember where. Its something like Hna. Aras or something, I´ll remember to bring it the next time I email. Sorry, but its a really small world.
I´m so excited to hear about the Smiths, I can´t wait to hear the news every week. Our ward mission leader just adopted 3 young kids as well and they always love to hear the news on the kids. Dylan Gavin and Emma. I´m just so SO happy. Give them big hugs from Uncle Matthew.
Last week I wrote about how my patience was being tried, this week I want to say, that the Lord blesses us after the trial. We´ve seen MIRACLES this week. Last night I just felt really guilty for my attitude last week. The Lord blesses me every day, and I hardly deserve any of it. But the important thing is that he is in His work. I know that.
I love you all, I don't know when I´ll get the latest mail, sometime next month but next week I can give you my ADDRESS!!!!!!!!! it will be so nice. I lost some of the letters I´ve written when we moved so I´m sorry to those who feel neglected. I´m trying to get over being the same forgetful lazy Matthew. My companion tells me I´m still really spacey. Oh well. I find it endearing in myself. (joke)
I love you all. Love you Mom and Dad. Love you Hermanos (siblings), Love you Sobrinos (nieces and nephews-i think those are spelled right) special love to Dylan Gavin and Emma- Hola from Spain. I Don´t know you three yet but I already love you and say welcome to the family! And also Love to mis amigos! ¡¡Les quiero a todos!! I love you all.
Elder Kirkham (the last email from Sevilla)
Oh ya mom and dad there's a family who says you HAVE to come to Spain and stay with them. jajajaja Just passing on the message.
Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment